The thought of starting your own business can be a daunting one. You’re giving up your regular salary and entering a world where everything is on you:
- Finding work
- Doing the work
- Making sure everything runs well
Advertising, marketing, accounts, invoicing… even if you hire someone to do these things it’s still all on you. You’re going to be solely responsible for your business.
So it’s hard, it’s a huge amount of responsibility and it”s going to require a lot of planning.
But it also brings so many benefits, and trust me, those benefits outweigh the hard times.
So why should you start your own business?
Well, do you want control of your life?
Do you like the idea of setting your own work hours?
And doing only the type of work you enjoy?
If so, starting your own business could be for you.
But it’s so easy to stay in that job with it’s regular pay cheque and comfort.
So let’s break it down real quick.
- Earnings are fixed
- Have to work the hours they ask you to work
- You have to ask permission to get time off, and then you only get a few weeks off per year
- You have no say over your clients and even your role
- It can be hard to be motivated when you know you’re going to be paid the same whether you give 70% or 100%
- There’s no incentive to improve because promotions are limited by HR and company bureaucracy
- When you do a great work you don’t get a proportionate return
And at the end of the day you likely only get a mediocre salary.
So maybe employment isn’t so comfortable after all.
Now let’s breakdown being self-employed.
- You are directly responsible for how well you work
- You can build strong relationships with your clients who will come back to you
- You’re in charge of your own time – need to take Friday afternoon off to enjoy a long weekend? Not a problem! You’re the boss!
- All the money you make is yours. No more bosses taking a cut.
- All the work you put in is relative to the benefits you get out. Work smarter and more efficiently and you’ll get paid more.
At the end of the day it’s about freedom. Only with freedom can you achieve the life you want. And running your own business is a big step towards freedom.
With freedom you can spend time with your family when ever you want. You can push your work further and further and improve at your own rate.
You can control your own workload, you can grow your business or you can take some time off It’s exciting. If you come up with a new idea you’ll have the freedom to act on it, not just toe somebody else’s line.
By starting your own business you’ll be able to dictate your own day, your own year and your own life.
But it’s not going to be easy. There’s going to be responsibility, a lot of uncertainty and a shed load of work.
A few years of hard work, laying the foundations for freedom, is nothing compared to slaving away in a job whilst somebody else takes the profits.
The best years of your life are passing by, so why waste them in a slow-to-progress job until retirement age.
You could be out there earning the money you need to live the best life possible.
And TradeScaler is here to make sure you get your business off to the best possible start. Build it the right way.